Topic: Caution! Do Acknowledge Truth | Member Section

Welcome to the lesson forum page. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in. If it is your first time on the new website, please click "Lost Password" and then add the username or email you had on the former website. It will send a reset code to your email and you will be on quickly. Thank you!

Caution! Do Acknowledge Truth

We gladly welcome your comments on our Forum and Bulletin Board but we do maintain the right to edit and/or take down anything we feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Truth – July 23rd, 2017 Caution! Do Acknowledge Truth

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Susanne 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Florence
    Participant

372: 25-32
    “Whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.” In Christian Science, a denial of Truth is fatal, while a just acknowledgment of Truth and of what it has done for us is an effectual help. If pride, superstition, or any error prevents the honest recognition of benefits received, this will be a hindrance to the recovery of the sick and the success of the student.

Just think that to ignore to acknowledge and appreciate the Truth, which is always revealing the tempting lies (however slowly), and be grateful for Truth, God, means denying God. This, the citation is saying has a consequence. Thus whether so-called “healed or not” it would be best to often go on “my knees” mentally or otherwise to love and be grateful just because Truth is Truth. No need to hinder my own recovery by such disobedience.

MaryBeth
    Participant

Thank you! This is such a hugely important point. Very often when I hear someone complaining about the lack of healing in their lives, I never have to look far to see they have not really and genuinely been grateful for all the good that God has already brought forth. I know this because, I too, have been guilty of this “sin.” This is why we emphasize over and over again the importance of gratitude – to be aware on a daily basis for all the good God has blessed you with and to let your heart overflow with gratitude. Come Wednesday evening, are you one who feels “I have nothing to express gratitude for?”! Let it be a huge red flag that error is trying to whisper lies into your ears and to take you off the path heavenward. This is when, I have learned, to get on my knees and to thank God for His blessings – and then to get on my feet and to testify for His Goodness!
    “I tell you the truth when I say there is only one Source of all good, God. The conscious recognition and acceptance of this face, acknowledged by every activity of the mind, not two or three times a day, but every few moments all day long, no matter what the outer self is doing, and this maintained, will enable anyone to express his perfect freedom and dominion over all things human.’
    Mary Baker Eddy

Susanne
    Participant

“I tell you the truth when I say there is only one Source of all good, God. The conscious recognition and acceptance of this fact, acknowledged by every activity of the mind, not two or three times a day, but every few moments all day long, no matter what the outer self is doing, and this maintained, will enable anyone to express his perfect freedom and dominion over all things human.” Mary Baker Eddy

This is wonderful! Thank you for sharing this.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.