Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

contentment

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

Today during our Bible study we discussed contentment. Patience is one of the qualities necessary to lead a godly life.
    I was grateful to be alerted to the importance of being content as we work out our salvation, understanding of Christian Science. I could relate to the description of those who impatiently want to push their growth. I am learning to be grateful for any progress and be honest with my motives. It has been a great comfort to be taught here how to take these steps.

“Of these evils, avarice is one of the most pernicious and is often found in a high degree of subtlety in a mental form. It will create in one a constant desire for quicker progress in science; it will arouse our ambition to reach a high position in thought, without first having worked and proved ourselves capable in the lower steps leading to that position; it will lead us to make assertions we can­not prove, and are not yet ready to prove; it will cause us to forget, in declaring for our spiritual birthright, that all of Spirit belongs to our brother as well as ourself; in short, it will blind us to the fact that we can advance no faster in Christian Science than we are able to demonstrate (S.&H. 224—25).” CONTENTMENT by DORA M. KNAPP January Journal 1897

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.