Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

if they should be written

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Soul and Body – November 20th, 2016 if they should be written

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

“And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written.”
    John 21

I have always found this citation from John fascinating but didn’t truly understand its meaning until I started working with a practitioner at Plainfield. Before this my understanding of God was very limited and one dimensional. It was more of a intellectual exercise rather than soul filled activities. I definitely did not know how to get out of the way and let God work.

The Carpenter collections also have been a great source of information about Mary Baker Eddy and how to live the Science she Discovered. Slowly I am seeing the need for active proof in all the things you do and that there is nothing too small to do for the glory of God. I am grateful for all the ways my life has been permeated by God as the veil of false teachings lift and walls of pride and self come down.

Now I have been given a glimpse into what the writer meant because as you turn your life over to God and live according to His precepts He does care for all the details so that it would fill books.

barbw
    Participant

I love the idea of doing even the smallest things to the glory of God. It’s such a practical idea. Thank you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.