Topic: Key to the Scriptures | Member Section

Welcome to the lesson forum page. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in. If it is your first time on the new website, please click "Lost Password" and then add the username or email you had on the former website. It will send a reset code to your email and you will be on quickly. Thank you!

Key to the Scriptures

We gladly welcome your comments on our Forum and Bulletin Board but we do maintain the right to edit and/or take down anything we feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Soul – August 13th, 2017 Key to the Scriptures

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Linda Russell 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

spencel
    Participant

“And there was delivered unto him (Jesus) the book of the prophet Esaias.And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him. And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.” Luke 4

“…the Master healed the sick, gave sight to the blind, hearing to the deaf, feet to the lame, thus bringing to light the scientific action of the divine Mind on human minds and bodies and giving a better understanding of Soul and salvation.” S.& H. by Mary Baker Eddy

“This understanding of the oneness of being, which Mrs. Eddy has revealed in the textbook, shows why and how this work is the key to the Scriptures. This knowledge of the Science of oneness is a key, which unlocks the inspired pages of the Bible and the textbook. The illumination which Mrs. Eddy threw upon the Scriptures reminds us why she chose to write as the first tenet of our faith: “As adherents of Truth we take the inspired Word of the Bible as our sufficient guide to eternal Life.” This revelation of God and man as one, is indeed sufficient for all things…. As you read Mrs. Eddy’s works, search for statements of oneness of being.” Oneness by Bicknell Young

“Truth casts out all evils and materialistic methods with the actual spiritual law, — the law which gives sight to the blind, hearing to the deaf, voice to the dumb, feet to the lame.” S. & H. By Mary Baker Eddy

Jesus proved his words by healing and Mary Baker Eddy proved her discovery of this Science of Christ by healing, so that we could understand the divine origin of their teachings. I should be grateful that, “This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears,” and my eyes should be, “fastened,” on what has been given us, that my heart, ears and eyes remain receptive to all that has been taught of our oneness with our God that is here now for us to demonstrate.

Linda Russell
    Participant

Yes! Thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.