Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

out there

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jacob45
    Participant

Yes, we always think that there is a world out there that needs to be fixed, and is beyond our ablility to influence. As Spencel quoted from Martha Wilcox, there is no outside to consciousness. In the whole advanced teaching of Christian Science, I find again and again that Mind is All, as simple as that. But no, we have Mind and…this crazy world with imperfect mortals etc etc. I try to make things simple for myself, so I can cling to Truth throughout the day. This other rule of the thumb is what I have been using lately: GOOD is All, so I am experiencing GOOD, only. There is nothing else to experience, besides mortal delusion. Several years ago, God told me: “Only know Good,” and it has been the most difficult thing to do, because I always tend to know evil, the lie, much better. Mind is All, so God, GOOD, is All, and we experience GOOD only all the time. God can only help us if we are conscious of GOOD, Truth, only. When we imagine that we have two realities, we have none.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by jacob45.
    jacob45
    Participant

It can be the hardest thing to do, everyday we read and come to the knowledge of sad, evil things that want to rip your heart out. We cannot ignore all this evil, suffering and horror. What should we do?

MaryBeth
    Participant

As this is never an easy question to answer I will quote Mrs. Eddy from page 563 in Science and Health, “Human sense may well marvel at discord, while, to a diviner sense, harmony is the real and discord the unreal. We may well be astonished at sin, sickness, and death. We may well be perplexed at human fear; and still more astounded at hatred, which lifts its hydra head, showing its horns in the many inventions of evil. But why should we stand aghast at nothingness?” As we begin to obtain the divine sense that “harmony is the real and discord the unreal” – this viewpoint will not be callous or unfeeling, but be so filled with God’s Love for His creation the false concept will disappear and give place to the real and eternal. As our hymn states, “From sense to Soul my pathway lies before me, from mist and shadow into Truth’s clear day…” Don’t let the mesmeric picture deceive you into believing its lie.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.