Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Science will declare God aright

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Soul and Body – May 21st, 2017 Science will declare God aright

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

“Science will declare God aright, and Christianity will demonstrate this declaration and its divine Principle, making mankind better physically, morally, and spiritually.” This line from our lesson tells us what the book Science and Health will do for us as we take time to study it.

Last Bible Study we opened with the quote from Miscellany by Mary Baker Eddy, page 112, “The student of this book [Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures] will tell you that his higher life is the result of his conscientious study of Science and Health in connection with the Bible.”

There was a short discussion about the importance of studying Mrs. Eddy’s works, such as making it a daily habit of reading 5 pages a day, until you have gone to the end and then starting it over. I recently came across the letter below written by Mrs. Eddy to a student that coincides with this suggestion.

“1891
    In reading my revised edition 5 (Science and Health) that is, by the way, published this week there is no special direction requisite. The general rule is to commence with the first chapter, read slowly and pause as you read to apply certain portions which meet your present need, – to thought that will carry them out in action. The book is complete in itself, it is teacher and healer. The labor I have bestowed on it you cannot reckon, there are more signs of it than you can see, but not more than will be felt. ”

LETTERS FROM MRS. EDDY p. 128 (Blue Book)
    Compiler Richard Oakes

I am very grateful for the extensive collection of unauthorized literature that has been collected and shared by many dedicated workers so that we may benefited by the lessons and examples of practical Christian Science.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.