Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

See the Light

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Betty S
    Participant

Yesterday, the Golden Text and the Responsive Reading really jumped out at me.
    It was as though I “saw it for the first time.”
    The Golden Text : John 9 : 39
    “For judgement I am come into this world, that they which see not might see.”
    — Christ Jesus …And the Responsive Reading explained it even more.

He, Christ Jesus, came to the lost children, myself, blinded by “the god of this world”, materialism, false beliefs, false doctrines, “dishonesty, craftiness”, not wanting to see the Truth and expose the error, destroy it and obtain freedom until lost in darkness and looking for a way out — open the eyes and see the “light shining out of the darkness” and finally, the light shines “in our hearts” and we see the error for what it is — a lie, nothing and God’s love expressed by Christ Jesus as All in all. He came to open our eyes so we could see and know the Truth and be free. And I, we, need to open our eyes and hearts and let the Truth in. What a glorious view it is!

chardelle

Thank you! I also was struck by this Golden Text.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.