Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

The Scriptures Fulfilled!

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Soul – August 13th, 2017 The Scriptures Fulfilled!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    chardelle

Luke 4: 14-21
    14 And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about.
    15 And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all.
    16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.
    17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
    18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
    19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
    20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
    21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.
    This is a wonderful citation where Christ Jesus tells exactly who he is and what he is doing as written in Isaiah. Let there be no mistake! “This day is the scripture fulfilled in your ears.” How appropriate that the Lesson Sermon is filled with messages about eyes and ears that see and hear Truth. I also love that the brokenhearted and bruised are included in God’s deliverance of the captives.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.