Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

…thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Soul – August 14th, 2016 …thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JPalmer
    Participant

4. Ruth 1
    8 And Naomi said unto her two daughters in law, Go, return each to her mother’s house: the LORD deal kindly with you, as ye have dealt with the dead, and with me.
    16 And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God:

How Ruth answers Naomi really speaks to me. Ruth arrived into a situation where she encountered love and acceptance and appreciation, and no hardships would cause her to turn from that. Most importantly, she encounters Naomi’s God, which she then understood to be her God as well. At this point, it seems she was beginning to “demand the blessing” — as Jacob did while wrestling the angel — for both herself and for Naomi, and knew that God would not leave them in such a place for long.

Since arriving in Plainfield, there have been certain times where it seemed people or circumstances wanted me to leave the church. How could that happened, when, like Ruth, I’ve finally found my place and my God? I’ve committed to the wrong cause before, and been loyal to people, and it always worked out horribly and often felt terrible along the way. Being a member of this church feels like the first right step I’ve ever made, and helps me to understand why Ruth would not leave even though materially it might seem like a mistake to some — when God gives you a home and a family, it is so much more wonderful than anything we can put together ourselves.

Thank you for this lesson, and for this church!

Susanne
    Participant

“…when God gives you a home and a family, it is so much more wonderful than anything we can put together ourselves.” AMEN to that!

Ever since I first came to Plainfield, I have felt a sense of family and belonging that has been far greater than any human sense of family ties can present. The unity felt at Plainfield that continues from year to year is a very soul-satisfying feeling, never wavering. Working together for God gives real purpose to my life and is truly wonderful! I am truly grateful for the members of the Plainfield Church, where I do feel “thy people shall be my people.”

Florence
    Participant

When we find the Truth do we tell ourselves we will go all the way as Ruth did?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.