Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Awareness Transformed

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Reality — September 26th, 2021 Awareness Transformed

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    JC-min
    Participant

This post presents as my understanding of Reality in this moment in the context of scripture and divine Science.

To me: Reality is the awareness of Life as it actually is, as opposed to universal mortal-mind and its suppositional beliefs of life.

For this reason relying upon mortal mind’s leadership blocks discernment of Eternal Life, Reality.

As long as I am judging by appearances, as long as I am seeing evil and good in terms of human betterment, I am not letting ‘Spirit bear witness with [my] spirit’ (Rom:8-16).

It becomes necessary in CS to understand spiritual Reality, which depends upon understanding Spirit as ALL-in-all and everywhere present… everywhere present as Eternal Life and Illimitable Love.

As I grow in awareness of mortal existence as an illusion, I discern by degrees that mortal-mind’s beliefs projected onto Reality are not real.

MBE succinctly states, ‘To material sense, the unreal is real until this sense is corrected by CS’ (SH:297).

Jesus of Nazareth declares, ‘My Kingdom is not of this world’ (John:18-36).

If Spirit were in ‘this world’ there would never be sin, disease, death, lack, flood, fire and tornado to experience even in thought and belief.

I percolate what that means!

God is Light. It is only as I rise in understanding above the level of human thought and belief that I approach the consciousness in which ‘there is no night’ – no evil, discord, suffering, death, no error of any nature.

Every real spiritual healing that takes place in my life is evidence, if evidence were needed, that there is a Reality in which Spirit as harmony, love, abundance, peace, wholeness and joy is the natural state of being.

Jesus warns that anyone who is overly involved in the temporary manifestation of mortal life will lose sight of the Eternal Life underpinning it (Luke:17-32,33).

Importantly, Jesus as Christ promises that whosoever is prepared to sacrifice everything in ‘this world’ of a temporary nature in order to gain awareness of Spirit will find human life transformed into Eternal Life, which is the Reality.

In conclusion: Discerning the unreal and illusory nature of the discords of this world, together with actually experiencing God as All-in-all, is transforming my awareness of Reality.

Thank you PCS. Thank YOU! I am seeking a change of awareness that you are helping me with by your extraordinarily demanding yet sweet-satisfying weekly lessons.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.