Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

The Vision of Reality

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Reality — September 25th, 2022 The Vision of Reality

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    JC-min

Reality? It is a question of Consciousness and Awareness.

What are ordinary people conscious of? Personal sense! The sense of “i” and “mine,” the body, the five senses, personalities, birth-decay-death, time, and the various good and evil conditions in the world. (MBE)

Personalities as separate identities, endlessly claim, “I am this, I am that, I have this, I have that, this is wrong, this is right, and so on. They JUDGE by “appearances.” Personalities “SEE” “out there” and “FEEL” emotions.

“Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap” is the epic story of personality unconscious and unaware of Spirit.

When “i” is understood as mesmeric suggestion, as erroneous belief, as Error, it withers and dies, and along with it sowing and reaping.(MBE) (80 WORD LIMIT)

“Blessed are the PURE of Heart, for they shall SEE God” as Spirit, not as personality. They shall SEE Spirit’s Infinite Creative Capacity as I AM THAT, here, now (SH 468).

When the erroneous belief of “i” disappears, the Reality of Spirit again reveals ITSELF to the ripe Soul. “Science and Health” emphasises this over and over again.*

(*eg. SH 1875, p.131 last sentence “Whosoever” to “…immortal harmony,” p.132.)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.