Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

A mere instrument in God's hands

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Doctrine of Atonement – October 15th, 2017 A mere instrument in God's hands

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MaryBeth
    Participant

How wonderful we have a lesson about our oneness with the Father. In our daily work it is important to declare these words of Jesus and know them to be true for ourselves –
    “I and my Father are one.” “The Father that dwelleth in me, He doeth the works.” And “The Father hath not left me alone.” (John)
    In Christian Science we do not have a God afar off we must to appeal to; We have a loving Father-Mother God who is our very mind when we are humbly and faithfully obedient to His Word. Mrs. Eddy states in the Blue Book on page 213, “I wish as an act of justice that you hold sacredly in your memory that I assume no good or power of myself, that to God alone I ascribe all love, wisdom and power, the All-in-all, the all good; that I am absolutely nothing, a mere instrument in God’s hands to be used as He will. This is the only position for any one of us to be in.”

Susanne
    Participant

Thank you for this post! I love what Mary Baker Eddy says: … “I am absolutely nothing, a mere instrument in God’s hands to be used as He will.”

One definition in the 1828 dictionary of “instrument” is this: “5. A person who acts for another, or is employed by another for a special purpose…” We certainly have full employment in turning to God and seeking His will. There is no better purpose to have in one’s life than this! Then we’re on the right track.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.