Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

All Illusions!

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

Illusion and delusion are together mentioned 11 times in the Lesson!! It’s saying wake up no more fooling whether it is by sight, hearing or feeling; still all illusions!

And Webster’s 1828 says Illusion: Deceptive appearance; false show, by which a person is or may be deceived, or his expectations disappointed; mockery.Emphasis added
    Delusion: 1. The act of deluding; deception; a misleading of the mind. We are all liable to the delusions of artifice.
    2. False representation; illusion; error or mistake proceeding from false views.

From SH page 385 we read : Any supposed information, coming from the body or from inert matter as if either were intelligent, is an illusion of mortal mind, — one of its dreams. Realize that the evidence of the senses is not to be accepted in the case of sickness, any more than it is in the case of sin.
    Expose the body to certain temperatures, and belief says that you may catch cold and have catarrh; but no such result occurs without mind to demand it and produce it.

Ooh freedom as only God can give….if I become obedient to His laws!! When I did not know better I never continually prayed; which is, I did not stay alert to correct my thinking when I saw someone in a wheelchair, someone limping, an ambulance with flashing lights, firetruck speeding by. When I learned better I started to live as such and realized that, that way of living is selfless, it blesses others but it blesses me too, by reinforcing my alertness to mortal mind lies so that I can sight a counterfeit for myself more quickly when tempted with an illusion!! The instruction to live this way makes us a law unto ourselves and in order to avoid error’s mockery. I do not like to be mocked, do you?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.