Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

All is Allness & Its Unlimited Expression

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums God — July 4th, 2021 All is Allness & Its Unlimited Expression

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    parthens
    Participant

The main theme of this week’s lesson is “God is all”. On a practical level, it’s possible to render the lesson’s opening scriptures thus:

“[My consciousness of the allness of God] hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, … hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.” (Isaiah 61)

“…[David’s understanding of Allness] delivered him out of the hand of all his enemies, and out of the hand of Saul.” (2 Samuel 22)

Such scriptures remind me of Queen Esther: when she and all her people were faced with seemingly inevitable annihilation, she learned to discipline herself — her imaginative faculty — not to gaze despairingly at objective reality (that is, the testimony of the physical senses) but rather to dismiss it altogether by supplanting it, holding to a view of a world flooded with the allness of God in faith and limitless hope.

Chapter 5 of the Book of Esther depicts her transformation from prostrate victim to victor standing tall and resolute: “Now it came to pass on the third day, that Esther put on her royal apparel, and stood in the inner court of the king’s house.”

The name “Esther” means “hidden” or “concealed”. Closeted in prayer, Esther firmly held on to her subjective realization of victory. In so doing, she lay bare the false notion of objective reality, exposed it as a lie, no longer able to conceal itself.

Thus did nothingness flee before Allness and its infinite manifestation.

What had appeared to be such an impossible dream was now objectified: Esther’s desire for the salvation of her nation was fulfilled. And the threat against her nation, which had appeared to be so harsh an objective reality, now vanished as a bad dream from which the sleeper awakens.

jacodebr7545ba
    Participant

The plane of divine Mind where thought operates as Omnipresence.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.