Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

All May Avail Themselves Of God

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Substance – March 13th, 2016 All May Avail Themselves Of God

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

Science and Health, p 12 In divine Science, where prayers are mental, all may avail themselves of God as “a very present help in trouble.” Love is impartial and universal in its adaptation and bestowals. It is the open fount which cries, “Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters.”

During our watches particularly, I love to think that All are being taught of God as Jeremiah 31:34 states:And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: ……..When I think of those who cannot read or who have never seen the Bible etc. I have to know that our impartial Father-Mother God is revealing His Truth to all in their consciousness. It makes the above citation very comforting.It is wonderful to know that ALL may avail themselves of God.

Carol
    Participant

This makes me think of Frances Thurber Seal’s book Christian Science in Germany. She had only been in Christian Science about a year and was asked by her teacher to bring Christian Science to Germany. She did not know the language, but obediently went–and every word she spoke was understood! This is proof that they were all “taught of God”–they did not understand each other humanly, but God provided the spiritual understanding. No one is ever left out!

Susanne
    Participant

And sometimes no words are needed at all to communicate perfectly, as hearts speak to hearts. Thank you for this reminder of Frances Thurber Seal’s amazing ministry.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.