Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

And His name shall be in their foreheads

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Everlasting Punishment – October 29th, 2017 And His name shall be in their foreheads

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Rae
    Participant

“And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.” (Rev. 3-4) This left an impression of the consciousness of the indwelling Christ imprinted in the “single eye” within the forehead). I was reminded of Moses’ brother, Aaron, who wore a band around his forehead with Holiness to the Lord engraved on it. Exodus 28:38: And it shall be upon Aaron’s forehead, that Aaron may bear the iniquity of the holy things, which the children of Israel shall hallow in all their holy gifts; and it shall be always upon his forehead, that they may be accepted before the Lord.

I was interested to learn more about “in” their foreheads as opposed to “on” their foreheads. In the S&H Glossary, “In, is a term obsolete in Science if used with reference to Spirit, or Deity.”

Eyes – spiritual discernment,–not material but mental.

Lamb of God – The spiritual idea of Love; self-immolation; innocence and purity; sacrifice.

In Rev. 3:12 Jesus said,”…and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is New Jerusalem, which cometh out of heaven from my God: and I write upon him my new name.”

In Rev. 14:1 “And I looked, and lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him 144,000, having his father’s name written in their foreheads.”

By studying this Bible lesson, it has strengthened my conviction that I and the Father are One. It’s there in my forehead, hard to explain, but ever grateful for the fortification. Thank you for all I’m learning each week and for all your helpful commentaries.

In Exodus 33:11 “And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.