Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

“And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:“

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Ancient and Modern Necromancy, Alias Mesmerism and Hypnotism, Denounced — May 29th, 2022 “And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:“

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

This lesson was a powerful treatment for staying in “the house of the Lord”:

“Take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.” Ephesians 6 : 13
    Thinking with God is our armor and to stand, not give up but persist for good

“And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:” Matthew 6 : 13
    Our prayer of affirmation that God does not tempt us but delivers us.

“But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, … Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast … And he said unto the woman, … in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened. … And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?” Genesis 3
    God is clear that he wants our obedience and faithfulness. The world says look at me. We are instructed to check our peace, stop often and check our thinking, to ask ourselves, “Is this a thought from a loving God?” and be firm here.

“Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.” I Thessalonians 5
    We are called to watch and we have many practical instructions in Mrs. Eddy’s writings and at Plainfield on how to do this. Christ Jesus commanded his follower to “watch”.

“Submit yourselves therefore to God.“ James 4
    Here we stay in the “secret place of the most High.”… “For He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways”(His thoughts and protection). We have authority to cast out all that tries to draw our thoughts and feelings away from God!

Click here to download or print a pocket size copy of the 91st psalm.

jacodebr7545ba
    Participant

This phrase; lead us not into temptation, seems to be a grammatical erroneous translation from the original Greek, and it does not make sense. Let us not be lead into temptation, let us not fall into temptation, seems to be the better translation, from some research I did on the subject.

Truth will not and cannot lead us away from Itself. Some years ago I had this vision of God’s allness, and I saw that Jesus’work on the cross was to overcome and destroy this temptation of sin, sickness and death, this temptation of something besides All. The foundation of evil is laid on a belief in something besides God. 92.

I still struggle with all that the senses try to convince me of, when I visit my grandsons and they pass me the flu they strongly believe in, and with the world the senses and the news try to convince me of. I have tried long and hard to share this wonderful Science to friends and relatives, but to no avail that I am aware of. I takes the presence of God to stand alone, but this Forum and Church might be just the help I need.

this phrase

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.