Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

And ye are Christ’s; and Christ is God’s.

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums God The Only Cause And Creator – December 4th, 2016 And ye are Christ’s; and Christ is God’s.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

1 Cor 3:23 And ye are Christ’s; and Christ is God’s.
    And From SH 176 Mistaking his origin and nature, man believes himself to be combined matter and Spirit.

Both citations remind us that we can never forget our true identity once we are awakened to this New Birth! Our salvation comes from this correct identifying just as our Wayshower proved.

From Matthew Henry: But it must be remembered, at the same time, that we are Christ’s, the subjects of his kingdom, his property. He is Lord over us, and we must own his dominion, and cheerfully submit to his command and yield themselves to his pleasure, if we would have all things minister to our advantage. All things are ours, upon no other ground than our being Christ’s.

Gary
    Participant

Thank you. I often find it very helpful to be reminded that I belong to God, that we all belong to God. It puts us all on equal footing in God’s sight. No differences due to education, background, color, gender, etc. in the eye’s of God.

So, if I want to know who and what I am, the only way I will do that is to know more about God, in whose image and likeness I am made. Mrs. Eddy writes in S&H (p. 90), “At present we know not what man is, but we certainly shall know this when man reflects God.” Also, on page 258: “We know no more of man as the true divine image and likeness, than we know of God.”

Thus the importance of learning as much as we can of who and what God is. This is why I enjoy the Bible Study and Roundtable so much. It helps me to discover who we all are.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.