Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Armour of light

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

“…let us put on the armour of light.” Romans 13: 12

During Sunday’s Roundtable we were reminded to keep our days holy and one way is for us to put on the armour of light, by radiating not absorbing, by thinking more of God and shutting out human beliefs.

Radiation and Absorption by A. Learner from Journal 1887,(thought to have been written by Mary Baker Eddy)

Part of radiating is holding, “…thought steadfastly to the enduring, the good, and the true, and you will bring these into your experience proportionably to their occupancy of your thoughts.” (S&H, p. 261) It was said we are not in control of the thoughts that come to us but we are responsible for what we do with them.

The practical steps shared help make the above article come to life for me, such as:

1. Screen your thoughts. Ask is this a thought from God? Where is this thought leading me?

2. Be in the present. When I rush through the day I will not notice what I am thinking. To be aware I need to be poised and conscious of thought and practice being in rhythm with God. Pressure is always the devil’s tool. The only pressure is to, “come out from the material world and be separate.” (Mary Baker Eddy) Don’t be pushed by personal sense and “have to’s”.

3. Don’t ruminate on the negative thoughts that are not of God. Stop them right away rather than spinning all around. Challenge with the Word of God.

This will help keep my window clean so God can shine through.

1828 Webster’s:
    Holy: “…a man [is] holy when his heart is conformed in some degree to the image of God, and his life is regulated by the divine precepts.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.