Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Arms of the Father Are Always Waiting

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Reality – September 24th, 2017 Arms of the Father Are Always Waiting

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Espaid
    Participant

Luke 15:
    20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on
    his neck, and kissed him.
    21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.
    22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:
    23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:
    24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

I have read the story of the Prodigal son many times, but this week, the spiritual meaning of it resonated with me more than ever before. God is ready and waiting with outstretched arms to receive all His children when we are ready to come in humility and repentance. Not only did the father (Father) accept his son back, but with over-flowing affection, tenderness, and kindness. Who would not want to come back to this kind of reception?

Matthew Henry: To look unto God as a Father, and our Father, will be of great use in our repentance and return to him.

Benson Commentary: Thus, for true penitents, who return to their duty, and cast themselves upon the divine mercy in Christ, God doth exceedingly above what they could have dared to ask or think. He clothes them when naked with the robe of righteousness, the garment of salvation, justifies their persons through faith in him who is the Lord their righteousness, and regenerates and sanctifies their nature by his saving grace, restoring them to his blessed image and likeness.

S&H: 322: 26-29
    The sharp experiences of belief in the supposititious life of matter, as well as our disappointments and ceaseless woes, turn us like tired children to the arms of divine Love. Then we begin to learn Life in divine Science.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.