Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Attend to, not neglect so great salvation

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Probation After Death – April 28th, 2019 Attend to, not neglect so great salvation

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

“How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord,” Hebrews 2:3

Neglect:
    “To omit by carelessness or design; to forbear to do, use, employ, promote or attend to; to omit to receive or embrace; to slight. How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation? Hebrews 2:3.
    to slight; not to notice; to forbear to treat with attention or respect. To postpone.”

Attend:
    To go with; to accompany or be united to; to be present; to abide; to wait for; to accompany with solicitude; to regard; to fix the mind upon.To expect.” (Websters 1828)

This week’s Lesson spoke to me more of how we are not here to drift into heaven but that there is work to be done. Either I am neglecting it or attending to it. Often neglect is regarding the most important and basic needs of something. My priorities dictate where I put my time, energy, and effort. I thought about gardening. The the results show forth when it has been attended with love and care. It is hard work and takes resources. My garden may be different than another but I can do the best with what I know and have. If I neglect the weeds they take over and if I wait too long it becomes a very difficult job returning the garden to its original glory. I learn from experience. I also know that there are basics that cannot be ignored.
    One important lesson I am learning at Plainfield is the discipline that is necessary to practice this Science but this Science is knowing God not some abstract alternative activity. I can ask myself, “Is what I am doing helping me attend to my understanding of God, right living and right thinking?” If not how can I get back on course? Thanks to Plainfield we have been given many practical tools for all tasks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.