Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Attributes of God

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JoanneF
    Participant

“Let unselfishness, goodness, mercy, justice, health, holiness, love – the kingdom of heaven – reign within us, and sin, disease, and death will diminish until them finally disappear.” (S&H 248:29) These are the attributes of God, coinciding with the seven synonyms (S&H 465:9), and as I express them in my life, give me true happiness – the kingdom of heaven. “Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” (Matt.6:33)

Florence
    Participant

I love to think that He shows forth these attributes as Psalm 146 states:
    He executeth judgment for the oppressed:
    He giveth food to the hungry.
    The Lord looseth the prisoners
    The LORD openeth the eyes of the blind:
    The LORD raiseth them that are bowed down:
    The LORD loveth the righteous
    The LORD preserveth the strangers;
    He relieveth the fatherless and widow:
    He turneth the way of the wicked upside down.

The LORD shall reign for ever….. therefore HE, MUST I seek first!!
    As I seek I should not ask “HOW LONG” but work steadfastly to gain more trust in our everlasting King!

MaryBeth
    Participant

I have always loved this statement as well. It is good to remember when we are struggling with a problem not to become impatient or discouraged. As we express more and more of God’s attributes, we may be assured the difficulty – whatever it may be IS diminishing and WILL finally disappear!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.