Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Attunement

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    parthens
    Participant

“To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself…. Now then … as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.” (2 Corinthians 5:19-20).

So, atonement, reconciliation, is not automatic. It is a process, a two-way street.

At the start of any concert, just before the orchestra plays the first note of the first piece, the concertmaster (first violinist) plays the note A, to which all the players in that orchestra must tune their instruments. The concertmaster does not leave his/her chair to tune each musician’s instrument; each musician is required to listen and to tune his/her instrument alone.

Atonement is attuning my being, day by day, to the keynote of heaven, the standard pitch set by the concertmaster, Christ.

In his booklet, “Dissolving Barriers,” John L. Morgan summarizes the second chapter of Mrs. Eddy’s textbook, Science & Health (“Atonement and Eucharist”) thus:

“…[I]n this context, eucharist focuses on the price we are required to pay to experience at-one-ment. This price is that we have to give up all personal sense of a separate self.”

MaryBeth
    Participant

I love this! Thank you.

Sharon
    Participant

What a wonderful example. Thank you

Lil
    Participant

Anything worth having is worth working for, including atonement, being reconciled to God, attuning to Christ. This is not work but a blessing. No one can do it for us, HOW WONDERFUL! With God all things are possible! Thank God!

Susanne
    Participant

“Atonement is attuning my being, day by day, to the keynote of heaven, the standard pitch set by the concertmaster, Christ.”

This is inspiring, thank you!

Florence
    Participant

“…..the standard pitch set by the concertmaster, Christ.”

That is inspiringly beautiful Parthens! Hence no “discords” from the belief of a self apart from God. All in obedience and in one accord as the concert master’s signal. Powerful reminder to always strive to realize more of my Christlikeness,by living it, in tune with the perfect model, the Truth of man’s Being. Thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.