Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Audience with Spirit

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums God – January 7th, 2018 Audience with Spirit

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

11. “The Father in secret is unseen to the physical senses, but He knows all things and rewards according to motives, not according to speech. To enter into the heart of prayer, the door of the erring senses must be closed. Lips must be mute and materialism silent, that man may have audience with Spirit, the divine Principle, Love, which destroys all error.” Mary Baker Eddy

Sunday during the Roundtable we talked about, “O Lord my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me.” and the importance of going to God with pure motives and your whole heart. Then during the service we had several songs about stillness.

A couple of lines from the beautiful duo:
    “…can you hear the still small voice,… let it lead you by the hand,…prepare your heart you cannot force it, …beyond the noise of tempest still small voice”

From Hymn 74:
    “Go, take the little open book
    From out the angel’s hand
    The word of Truth is there for all
    To read and understand
    What though the seven thunders roll?
    That still small voice shall make thee whole.”

Hymn 57:
    “Should the vain cares that vex our days increase,
    Comes with its calm the thought that Thou art o’re us:
    Then we grow quiet, folded in thy peace.”

These messages brought home to me again of the importance of being still, in heart, mind, activity so that I can hear God speaking. I thought these two lesson coordinated so beautifully with the “little book”, preparing your heart and hearing God.

12. “Spirit, God, is heard when the senses are silent.” Mary Baker Eddy

Florence
    Participant

Beautiful! How awesome that we can go to these inspired hymns and songs to quietly listen to God speak to our hearts.
    I have found such times most moving especially in the middle of the night when it appears there is no one to talk with.

MaryBeth
    Participant

Thank you for these posts. I love very much Mrs. Eddy’s chapter on “Prayer” and the idea that we may enter into the heart of prayer, and when we obediently close the door to the erring senses and silence all materialism we can actually come into the presence of Almighty God! This a very sobering thought! It makes me question how often am I aware of His presence, for the gift of prayer, and am I always grateful for it? Mrs. Eddy continues, this audience with Spirit, this divine Principle Love is what destroys all error. So, as we humbly come before the throne of Grace, whatever our troubles maybe, all pain and sorrow etc. are destroyed by His All-powerful presence! Thank you, Mrs. Eddy, for these revelations and for teaching us how to prove them all to be true!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.