Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Be silent, O all flesh, before the Lord.

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Matter — March 22nd, 2020 Be silent, O all flesh, before the Lord.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

Be silent, O all flesh, before the Lord.” Zechariah 2 : 13

This week’s Bible Lesson corresponds perfectly to the latest Sunday Roundtable,”Christ Will Command the Wave”.
    It was brought that during this time of quarantine and shut down of most activities we should be using this time to be quiet and examine our thinking, in prayer, in love for all mankind to break this spell of divisiveness and hatred, in repentance, and re-evaluating our priorities, “that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.”

Have the things of God become, “foolishness unto” me?” or do I, “look to his Maker, and his eyes shall have respect to the Holy One of Israel.” Isaiah 17

“Be not deceived; God is not mocked:” Galatians 6
    Am I part of the “corruption” written about in Galatians or do I use my time to, “soweth to the Spirit”?

There are a few of the citations that stood out to me as God speaking to us at this time. This Lesson was written long before the challenges that are before us. I am grateful to the Lesson writers for the work they do to provide us with these timely Truths for us to use.

“Rise in the strength of Spirit to resist all that is unlike good. God has made man capable of this, and nothing can vitiate the ability and power divinely bestowed on man.” Science and Health by Mary Baker Eddy, page 393

Florence
    Participant

Thanks for this striking Golden text….; thanks for your post.
    Be silent, O all flesh, before the Lord
    This is a powerful command to shut up the lying suggestions that come to tempt… Have had some use it with effect!!
    Yes, enough, be quiet, Christ is in command!

From Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary
    13. Be silent, O all flesh—(Hab 2:20). “Let all in silent awe and reverence await the Lord’s coming interposition in behalf of His people!” The address is both to the Gentile foes, who prided themselves on their power as if irresistible, and to the unbelieving Jews, who distrusted God’s promises as incredible. Three reasons why they must be silent are implied: (1) they are but “flesh,” weak and ignorant; (2) He is Jehovah, all-wise and all-powerful; (3) He is already “raised up out of His place,” and who can stand before Him? [Pembellus], (Ps 76:8, 9).
    Emphasis added!

parthens
    Participant

“Thought passes from God to man, but neither sensation nor report goes from material body to Mind. The intercommunication is always from God to His idea, man.” (SH 284:30–32, emphasis added.)

“And great multitudes were gathered together unto him….And he spake many things unto them in parables….And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.” (Matt. 13: 2-3, 10-11.)

Evidently, Jesus did not feel as free to speak to the multitudes of Matthew 13 as he did to those in chapters 5-7, in which he speaks more directly (the Sermon on the Mount). “Bird of a feather flock together,” and, as a whole, the great multitudes of Matthew 13 were so matter-minded that they were unable to receive the thoughts that pass from God to man except in an obscure way.

On my journey “uphill all the way”, God grant that I resist, subdue, and silence matter-mind more with each step, so that, on each level of attainment, I may always be open to all the angel-thoughts waiting for me there.

chardelle

Thank you for these posts. SH 196 The less that is said of physical structure and laws, and the more that is thought and said about moral and spiritual law, the higher will be the standard of living and the farther mortals will be removed from imbecility or disease.
    We should master fear, instead of cultivating it. It was the ignorance of our forefathers in the departments of knowledge now broadcast in the earth, that made them hardier than our trained physiologists, more honest than our sleek politicians.
    The Readings from this Wednesday speak to me of the Lesson for this week on Matter.
    Christ’s Keynote is ‘Be Not Afraid’
    We are to rejoice in all things and i must say that to practice what I have learned here at Plainfield and to pray without ceasing has been a source of joy. Comforting everyone in thought, blessing them and all whom I meet or talk to. This is an opportunity to let CS shine and see hatred, malice, lies, fear …. all disappear!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.