Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Being in Tune

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ron Larsen
    Participant

The daily watch for this week includes an analogy Mrs. Eddy makes of a violin and healing. A violin that’s in tune is in no need of healing. One that is out of tune, requires the necessary adjustments to restore harmony. So it is with man as he stands porter at the door of consciousness, allowing only that in which advances harmony. I see a similar analogy applying to the earth we inhabit, for both earth and man are defined by Spiritual Sense as compound idea. I would not knowingly allow poisons into myself as a compound idea Of God, Good. This would not be an intelligent or principled course of action. Meeting these toxic thoughts head on with truth, reveals their baseless foundations. That is a responsibility I accept and do to the best of my ability. i also feel the responsibility to stand porter to earth’s doorway, as compound idea, not allowing aggressive toxic thought to bring disruption and discord to what has been a beautiful example of concord, with all things working together for good for all mankind. A recent post on the homepage entitled Handling Weather Broadcasts, refers to the “aggressive suggestion of the climate-change believers who always appear to be so desperate to see their apocalyptic dreams come true”. While I agree with the metaphysics of the article as a whole, I do take exception to this sentence as there are many people, myself included, who love this planet earth, and are seeking to protect it’s health by taking the necessary human and metaphysical footsteps to restore the harmony we all benefit from but too often take for granted. Ron Larsen, Asheville

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.