Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Being made whole

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Man – March 6th, 2016 Being made whole

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lil
    Participant

This lesson is filled with steps to bring us, me, closer to God. We are each individual ideas of God and have been entrusted to protect, build on, and use our individuality to bless others. God has given each a place and talents to use and improve in that place. “The talents He gives we must improve.” S&H 6:6 “Commit thy way unto the Lord.” Psalm 37:5 “Let us watch, work, and pray.” S&H 367:21 not just sit and do nothing. “Neglect not the gift that is in thee.” I Timothy 4:14 “..trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.” I Timothy 4:10 All this is only good. Thank you, God!

Florence
    Participant

In our completeness,(already existing wholeness) are both the talents plus the opportunities for us to improve those talents.If we desire to obey God’s laws and trust His supremacy, doing our best to do His will; we can be certain that His laws are always governing us to where we find ourselves in “places” with opportunities to bless and glorify His name with our given talents. Every idea of God (everyone) has been given some talent.

Gary
    Participant

In Jesus’ parable of the nobleman and the talents, those servants who used their given talents (in the case of the parable, money, but in life, any God-given talent) were rewarded. They represent the state of thought that is ready to do whatever God requires of them and, as a result, they are given more with which to do. But the one servant who, out of fear, failed to use his talent, was punished. He represents the state of thought that fails to do what God requires, and as a result, punishes itself. This may seem harsh, but it represents the facts of life.

When we express the love of God, He provides more for us with which to love more. When we fail to express divine Love, we fail to recognize and feel God’s love. This leads to depression, lack, addictions, everything wrong. Those who fall into that hole often have a difficult time crawling out. Mrs. Eddy writes, “the one unused talent decays and is lost.” What a waste!

Yes, we all have been given some talent. If you want to feel good about yourself, then use those talents for the benefit of mankind. Train your children to do the same.

jacob45
    Participant

a few healing statements I found in my notebook: God knows “me” as Himself, Mind´s true image and likeness. I cannot be something Mind does not know or cause. Absolute oneness with Mind is our only way to escape.
    The Mind that destroys sickness is never the mind that first admits its existence, and then believes that God can heal it.

If Mind is absolutely All, how can I not experience this?

Sharon
    Participant

There is a saying,” If you don’t use it, you lose it.” This saying brings to today this Bible story. God has given us many talents, and we must use them. The more we use them the more is given us. In this church there are many ways to use our talents and the more we are using them, the more God gives us to do. What a wonderful way of life!

The Bible has pointed out the way for all mankind, in all times. In this church we are learning to use these lessons now. Thank you God.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.