Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

…blind, and dumb

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    JPalmer
    Participant

5. Matthew 12
    22 Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil, blind, and dumb: and he healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both spake and saw.

3. 479
    Matter cannot see, feel, hear, taste, nor smell. It is not self-cognizant, — cannot feel itself, see itself, nor understand itself.

6. 356
    So-called material existence affords no evidence of spiritual existence and immortality.

Before coming to Plainfield, over the course of the preceding years, I had this feeling that my world was getting progressively smaller. I saw less beauty and goodness, and felt less joy and love. Now I can see why, because of all I am learning here: I was blind to – or at least going blind to – God’s reality. Each step away from God was a step into nothingness, where there is nothing to see or talk about.

Of course, I wasn’t so far that God couldn’t reach me! Once God brought me here, once I encountered Truth and Love and became (re)acquainted with His reality, I was able to see beauty and goodness, and the joy returned, and love as well! What a wonderful healing that was, and remains!

I am so grateful for this church, for Christian Science, and for daily practitioner support. I get such joy knowing that this Science is available to all, and that all will see the evidence of God’s goodness, and (re)learn to speak of it. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.