Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Born Not Of Blood

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

John1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

This speaks to me about my spiritual birth, man’s new birth which teaches our true nature, our true identity as of God. Without this knowledge I could have gone on thinking as many do as being ” born again” and yet believing in the existence of evil and thinking of myself as still subject to sickness, sin and death! The new birth as explained through mankind’s salvation (Christian Science) teaches what is true about every man and empowers us with the Truth of man’s spiritual heritage. It annuls every belief in subjection to sin, sickness and death or life in matter.

Spurgeon – This new birth is something that brings change to the life. “The man is like a watch which has a new mainspring, not a mere face and hands repaired, but new inward machinery, with freshly adjusted works, which act to a different time and tune; and whereas he went wrong before, now he goes right, because he is right within.”

MaryBeth
    Participant

Thank you! Beautifully stated.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.