Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Breaking faith with divine Science

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Unreality – October 1st, 2017 Breaking faith with divine Science

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Susanne
    Participant

In S&H section 12, p. 569, Mrs. Eddy states: …”Alas for those who break faith with Divine Science and fail to strangle the serpent of sin as well as of sickness! They are dwellers still in the deep darkness of belief. They are in the surging sea of error, not struggling to lift their heads above the drowning wave…. They must eventually expiate their sin through suffering. … how many periods of torture it may take to remove all sin, must depend upon sin’s obduracy.”

Ha! At first when I read this, I thought it was speaking of others, because I didn’t think I had “broken faith” with Science. After all, I had never left Science! Then I realized this indeed applied to my former self who was not living in accord with the requirements of divine Science, so indeed I had broken the faith. Although I didn’t seem like I was doing anything wrong according to society’s norms, I was not living according to God’s law! The error will come custom-packaged to the individual, even someone attending Christian Science church. I had many “periods of torture” before I got straightened out by the teachings in this church. I’m so grateful!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.