Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

"…stedfastly minded to go with her."

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Soul – August 18th, 2019 "…stedfastly minded to go with her."

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

“And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God:” Ruth 1:16

It is believed that the events of Ruth took place during the time of the judges during: religious apostasy, political disorganization, and social chaos. It is possible that Naomi and Ruth were part of a remnant.(Described by several commentaries)

Ruth, a Gentile, believed in the God of Israel, left what she knew, to journey to a new place. She chose to serve the God of Naomi and help her. She could have lived out her human destiny instead she followed her divine destiny something that I have been learning about at Plainfield. She refused to let her past hold her back. Ruth 1: 18 describes Ruth as, “…stedfastly minded to go with her,” so Naomi, “…left speaking unto her.” This story spoke to me of what was referred to during our last Roundtable as a “testing” time. Ruth has a loss, she humbled herself to, “glean ears of corn”; she gave up the old and familiar not to make herself more comfortable but seeking to be closer to God.

In the Science and Health portion of this Lesson Mrs. Eddy writes, “‘Work out your own salvation,’ is the demand of Life and Love, for to this end God worketh with you. ‘Occupy till I come!’ Wait for your reward, and ‘be not weary in well doing.’ If your endeavors are beset by fearful odds, and you receive no present reward, go not back to error, nor become a sluggard in the race. When the smoke of battle clears away, you will discern the good you have done, and receive according to your deserving”

Boaz says to Ruth, “The Lord recompense thy work, and a full reward be given thee of the Lord God of Israel, under whose wings thou art come to trust.” Ruth 2: 12

Thank you Lesson writers!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.