Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

But There Is A God……

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Mind – August 20th, 2017 But There Is A God……

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

Dan 2:28 But there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets, and maketh known to the king Nebuchadnezzar what shall be in the latter days.

Yes, there is a God who is All knowing and All seeing; and the questions to myself are: Have I accepted Him as my true Father/Mother, my everything, do I hallow His holy name as I should, am I grateful for all He has done? If am endeavoring to sincerely do these, then my trust in Him should be increasing and my doubts and fears lessening.

Dan 2: 20 ….. Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his:
    22 He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him.

And the words of hymn 224: When all material streams are dried
    Thy fullness is the same;
    May I with this be satisfied,
    And glory in Thy name.

Seeking to know and love God, must be my most important desire! Excellent lesson, thanks to the writer.

MaryBeth
    Participant

Thank you! I found it very telling to note in just a few of these Biblical verses Daniel refers to his “God” seven times. Daniel knows so clearly he can do nothing without his Father. He continually draws reference to His Holy name in total submission to His power and presence. It was this unyielding obedience and trust in God that enabled Daniel to interpret the dream – and under seemingly great pressure and duress, by the way! He also was quick to give God all the praise and all the glory when the answer was revealed – taking none for himself. There is no problem, no matter how great it may seem to be, where God is not there to lift you up and out, when you turn humbly and unreservedly to Him.

Gary
    Participant

This relationship with God is so inspiring and a lesson for us all. It gave Daniel the courage to go to the king and ask for more time. He then told his friends about the need, – friends whom he knew had that same strong relationship with God. Then they all turned whole-heartedly to God in prayer for an answer. When he got the answer, he immediately thanked God. Then, when the king recognized the answer as the correct one, Daniel made it very clear that it was God who provided the answer.
    As a side note, I thought that this also said something good about Nebuchadnezzar. God gave him the dream in the first place and the king pursued the dream until he got an answer to it. The fact that he recognized the answer and then promoted Daniel in recognition of his relationship with the one God, shows some humility on the king’s part. It shows what one person can accomplish when he/she has a strong and clear recognition of God as the only Mind. He becomes a blessing to everyone around him.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.