Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Cast down the Accuser

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Espaid
    Participant

Revelation 12: 10
    And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

The last phrase of this citation struck me, in that it is a reminder I must be constantly working to put on the armor of Christ and cast down the accuser (evil, error, malice, hypnotism, pride, fear – whatever thought is not from God and however aggressively or subtly it comes) because the accuser is in full-time employment trying to destroy the Christ, Truth (see Misc Writings p 177). Thus, I must be equally in full-time employment declaring what is true about myself and God’s creation. Doing so puts all the power on the side of God, good, which I must hold to despite what the physical senses seem to testify at times.

From Kratzer’s “Revelation Interpreted” on the verse “Which accused them before our God day and night”:
    Satan, false sense, is constantly declaring that man is more or less sinful, more or less imperfect, temporal, finite, and material, – none of which accusations are true, for man is the image, the continuous expression of his perfect Creator, and is therefore perfect. To prove this, is to overcome satan, and to work out our salvation; it is to “put on the Christ.”

Susanne
    Participant

Thank you for this very helpful post, and to referring to the “Sunday Services on July Fourth” in Misc. Writings, pgs. 176-177. It is a call to arms and a solemn reminder, especially in these times! A few excerpts:

“… in the great crises of nations or of the human race[:] It is then that supreme devotion to Principle has especially been called for and manifested. It is then that we learn a little more of the nothingness of evil, and more of the divine energies of good, and strive valiantly for the liberty of the sons of God.” Mrs. Eddy then speaks of the Pilgrims, and continues:

“But what of ourselves, and our times and obligations? Are we duly aware of our own great opportunities and responsibilities? …
    Never was there a more solemn and imperious call than God makes to us all, right here, for fervent devotion and an absolute consecration to the greatest and holiest of all causes. The hour is come. The great battle of Armageddon is upon us. The powers of evil are leagued together in secret conspiracy against the Lord and against His Christ, as expressed and operated in Christian Science….

What will you do about it? … Will you give yourselves wholly and irrevocably to the great work of establishing the truth …? Answer at once and practically, and answer aright!”

This is the holy work of our unity watches, our website, our services, testimony meetings, Bible studies, roundtables, publications, and every effort made to get the word out about true Christian Science!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.