Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Certainty of Ultimate Perfection!

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Mind – August 20th, 2017 Certainty of Ultimate Perfection!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Rae
    Participant

In a dream I was guided to ask a Christian Scientist friend to read page 95 in Science and Health. We were sitting on the front porch and I got up to get my book. In the dream I thought I knew the passage. Before going to bed Sat. night, Charlottesville, VA (my home state) had been on my mind. So I figured it was the comforting page where Mrs. Eddy talks about how the material world is becoming an arena for conflicting forces. …”During this final conflict, wicked minds will endeavor to find means by which to accomplish more evil; but those who discern Christian Science will hold crime in check. They will aid in the ejection of error. They will maintain law and order, and cheerfully await the certainty of ultimate perfection.” (p. 96).
    (I love this quote: certainty of ultimate perfection!)
    When I checked S&H the next day, I was surprised to find page 95 was one page off but a perfect fit for this week’s Bible Lesson on Mind. Paul said, “To be spiritually minded is life.” We approach God, or Life, in proportion to our spirituality, our fidelity to Truth and Love; and in that ratio we know all human need and are able to discern the thought of the sick and sinning for the purpose of healing them. Error of any kind cannot hide from the law of God. (S&H p.95:5-11)
    So grateful for the Bible Lessons!
    Rae

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.