Topic: Changing Our Circumstances | Member Section

Welcome to the lesson forum page. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in. If it is your first time on the new website, please click "Lost Password" and then add the username or email you had on the former website. It will send a reset code to your email and you will be on quickly. Thank you!

Changing Our Circumstances

We gladly welcome your comments on our Forum and Bulletin Board but we do maintain the right to edit and/or take down anything we feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Soul – August 13th, 2017 Changing Our Circumstances

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Rae Hauck 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Rae Hauck
    Participant

Thank you for the powerful Bible lesson! Since finding your dedicated church, I have read many of the healing resources you so freely share. And I’ve noticed a change in my altitude. In this week’s lesson, Jesus had to take the blind man out of town before he could be fully healed. In Jesus’ first attempt to heal his sight, the man saw men walking as trees. In other words, his vision wasn’t fully rooted in the Christ consciousness. When Jesus put his hands on him a second time, and made him look up: he was restored and saw every man clearly. Sometimes we need to change our circumstances in order to have a healing; we need to get out of “town” to gain true perception. Since coming to Plainfield, I have been “looking up” and seeing more clearly. Thank you for sharing Mrs. Eddy’s teachings and the true Christianity as taught by our Master, and for your devotion to God.

Many blessings,
    Rae

Florence
    Participant

The words “looking up” stood out to me too.It is mentioned at least three times. It emphasizes the need to rise above the material senses; use our spiritual sense/spiritual discernment. Mrs. Eddy in some instances “looked away” from the material sense testimony in order to get the clear view which revealed the present perfection.

What wonderful examples for us to follow.

Rae Hauck
    Participant

So grateful for coming across these “higher” passages in S&H this morning.
    307:25
    “The divine Mind is the Soul of man, and gives man dominion over all things. Man was not created from a material basis, nor bidden to obey material laws which Spirit never made; his province is in spiritual statutes, in the higher law of Mind.”

Also 60:29-1 “Soul has infinite resources with which to bless mankind, and happiness would be more readily attained and would be more secure in our keeping, if sought in Soul. Higher enjoyments alone can satisfy the cravings of immortal man.”

Gratitude for this powerful truth and the need to keep it uppermost in thought throughout the day.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.