Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Charity

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    chardelle

9. 518 : 15-21
    The rich in spirit help the poor in one grand brotherhood, all having the same Principle, or Father; and blessed is that man who seeth his brother’s need and supplieth it, seeking his own in another’s good. Love giveth to the least spiritual idea might, immortality, and goodness, which shine through all as the blossom shines through the bud.

I have struggled with the idea of supplying my brother’s need and after listening to the Bible Study today and reading CHARITY AND INVALIDS BY MARY BAKER EDDY, that is now on our website, has given me a better understanding of what and how to give. Here again I must be obedient and wait for God to direct me. Doing and giving to church comes first and I am confident that it will be clear how to support others with my time and/or funds. Everything belongs to God and is His!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.