Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

"Christ is the saviour of the body."

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Soul and Body – May 20th, 2018 "Christ is the saviour of the body."

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MaryBeth
    Participant

“Christ is the saviour of the body.” (Ephesians)

“SAVIOR: One that saves or preserves; but properly applied only to Jesus Christ, the Redeemer who has opened the way to everlasting salvation by his obedience and death, and who is therefore called Savior, by way of distinction, the Savior of men, the Savior of the world.” (1828 Webster’s Dictionary)
    I have been thinking about the Golden Text all week and have been taking refuge in the fact it is the Christ alone that is the savior of the body. We are trained, taught, educated to believe whenever we have any troubles with the body – go to doctors, hospitals, drugs, psychiatrists, dieticians etc. These might provide some temporary relief, but ultimately only the Christ Truth can lift us up and out of all the ills of the flesh. God is our Creator and knows all about each and every one of us. That is why it is so important we spend time each day with the Great and Only Physician. He will keep you sound and whole – after His likeness, when you submit yourself to Him. “Why art thou cast down, O my soul? And why art thou disquieted in me? Hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise Him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.” (Psalm) Re-educate yourself to this mighty Truth!

Susanne
    Participant

Beautiful, thank you! Would that God be everyone’s first resort! I love how you worded it: “That is why it is so important we spend time each day with the Great and Only Physician. He will keep you sound and whole – after His likeness, when you submit yourself to Him.” That’s a fresh way of looking at my relationship with God and encouraging!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.