Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Christmas Eve service

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Bulletin Board Christmas Eve service

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    BarbaraW
    Participant

The Christmas Eve service was just lovely. The children singing was so sweet, the beautiful carole verse in French brought tears to my eyes, and along with all the other elements this was time well spent. Until yesterday, when I consulted the 88th Manual on the subject, I was skeptical of even the idea of a Christmas Eve service. Thank you!

BarbaraW
    Participant

To follow up, I guess I’m not quite sure what parts of the Church Manual Plainfield church feels they must follow and which not. Naturally since Plainfield is not a branch none of it strictly applies. Plainfield does encourage following the daily duties from it. Considering the importance given the Manual by Mrs. Eddy I wondered what she might say about Christmas. I didn”t find anything forbiding even branch churches from having Christmas or Christmas eve services, just the no Easter observances etc. rule for Mother Church members in the United States.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.