Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

cloudy and dark day

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

“so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.”

“Night: Darkness; doubt; fear.
    Valley:Though the way is dark in mortal sense, divine Life and Love illumine it, destroy the unrest of mortal thought, the fear of death, and the supposed reality of error.” Mary Baker Eddy

Listening to the article Oneness this week the part, “We have been told in Christian Science, that the place where there shall be no night, is in individual consciousness, through understanding the oneness of God and man. Here is that individual consciousness, where is no evil, war or darkness; none in God, nor in the idea which expresses Him. We cannot wait, hope, and pray for it to take place anywhere else; just here, where we are thinking…. Then in order for God to be made manifest, this is the way, the place where it is to occur. Here in this God-consciousness, there shall be no night, no belief in evil, sin, sickness, death, sorrow, poverty, dissension, hatred, jealousy, war, or the etceteras of mortal belief.”

In the lesson this week we are reminded that, “ANGELS” are, “God’s thoughts passing to man;” and point to, “higher ideals of life and its joys.” and “never lead towards self, sin, or materiality” which to me is darkness.

So I must give, “earnest heed to these spiritual guides” and entertain, “the inspiration of goodness, purity, and immortality.” as spiritual armor as we discussed in the last two Bible studies.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.