Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Forum. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Confidence in the Power and Supremacy of Truth

The Forum is dedicated to each week's lesson, and may be used to post questions, comments, and constructive replies that strive to uncover the inspired meaning of the text. The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Truth – July 28th, 2019 Confidence in the Power and Supremacy of Truth

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

I have learned to come to God in reverence, recounting His wonders, and in humble obedience in Him cultivate the faith and absolute reliance on Truth which in time enthrones the potency and supremacy of Truth, God in consciousness. Jesus did that, Elijah did the same therefore they went everywhere at-one with this God power. Hence they did not doubt, while mortal thought was wailing pleading for help they stepped up with absolute confidence in their expectancy of Truth’s unfoldment! In Elijah’s experience fire came and even licked all the excess water. And in Jesus’ so called death saw its supreme opposite “Life.” What wonderful demonstration of “Truth is always the victor.”

So in practice I must ask myself if I am reflecting this Mind that has Truth’s power or am I going to continue always doubtful, fearful,and remain ungrateful enough and unable to feel the power of God at hand? Even when just learning Science how I come to Truth matters. Am I coming with some other beliefs to challenge to see if God can heal me or Am I coming full of myself wondering why I have had healings before but I cannot demonstrate this time? It is the Truth that heals, not us; how wise then to do all possible to have its power enthroned as my consciousness. Thank God for Christian Science….that teaches that Truth IS LAW!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.