Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

"….consider it in thine heart,…"

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums God – January 5th, 2020 "….consider it in thine heart,…"

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    KarenM
    Participant

“Know therefore this day, and consider itin thine heart, that the Lord he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else.”

‘consider’- To fix the mind on, with a view to careful examination; to think on with care; to ponder; to study; to meditate on. Websters 1928 Dictionary

As I thought of this passage and what it was telling me was that I have to stop more often in my reading and really consider what it is that is being told to me. Here it is asking me “do you really accept with all your heart that God is all there is “in heaven above” (the invisible), and upon the earth beneath (the visible)? Then I have to accept that there could be no possible circumstance where error of any sort could exist, be it sin, disease, discord of any kind. It is not possible!! And that’s it!!

chardelle

Thank you. I too have been thinking about this truth that there is none other than God. It is a huge concept and brings me back to thinking and what am I thinking. I know I can do a better job and other verses help me also : “I am all there is to thee, I and my Father are one, one with God is a majority.” Here is the meaning of none in the 1828 Webster’s Dictionary 1. Not one; used of persons or things.

There is none that doeth good; no, not one. Psalms 14:1.

2. Not any; not a part; not the least portion.

Six days shall ye gather it, but on the seventh day, which is the sabbath, in it there shall be none Exodus 16:26.

3. It was formerly used before nouns; as, thou shalt have none assurance of thy life. This use is obsolete; we now use no; thou shalt have no assurance. This is none other but the house of God; we now say, no other.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.