Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Contradicting the material senses…

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Spirit – February 10th, 2019 Contradicting the material senses…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JPalmer
    Participant

6. 298 : 13-18, 20-24
    Spiritual sense, contradicting the material senses, involves intuition, hope, faith, understanding, fruition, reality.

This list Mrs. Eddy gave felt like an opportunity to examine come of the arguments that have come to me regarding Christian Science, and how they have been answered by the teachings in this church.

Intuition

What material sense says: You can’t trust what you feel, we are only affected by what we can see and hold and measure.

What I’ve learned in Plainfield: Learning to rely on spiritual sense here has given me peace and purpose. It is wonderful to realize that God is speaking to all of us constantly!

Hope

What material sense says: Bad things happen to good people. Tomorrow is promised to no one.

What I’ve learned in Plainfield: God’s creation has good baked right in! And, we have eternity for it to unfold to us!

Faith

What material sense says: There is no higher power to believe in. Dust to dust.

What I’ve learned in Plainfield: God has blessed me time and again, and delivered me from the brink: He is all I can put my trust in, as everything else has failed me.

Understanding

What material sense says: There is too much confusion, uncertainty, and chaos to ever be sure about anything. Christian Science is too hard to understand.

What I’ve learned in Plainfield: What is hard about understanding the joy that kindness, honesty, generosity, and gratitude bring? Aligning myself to the right side of things brought immediate improvement of mood, prospects, purpose, and all good things. Anyone can understand once they take those first steps and see for themselves.

Fruition

What material sense says: This healing or positive change you seek will never come about.

What I’ve learned in Plainfield: That sickness or obstacle has no power to exist! I am inseparable from God.

Reality

What material sense says: Christian Science is wishful thinking at best, and a dangerous cult at worst.

What I’ve learned in Plainfield: Results are important: I gave decades to mortal mind’s ways with nothing but steady decline; and yet, within what felt like moments of coming to Plainfield things turned right around and never stopped ascending!

Thank you for all these lessons!

Susanne
    Participant

This is awesome, Jeremy. I especially liked, “God’s creation has good baked right in!” 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.