Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Daily demonstration

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Bulletin Board Daily demonstration

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Colleen Mostika
    Participant

I am so grateful for the daily watch prayer which tells us to watch our thinking continually throughout the day and base our activities from the standpoint of Divine Mind and not the human mind. In participating in the Unity Watches during the week and the daily watch prayer, I have been able to keep my thinking more focused on God and the Truth of being. But, I now realize that this real thinking needs to be carried on throughout our entire day into all activities. When I get a wrong thought, I am teaching myself to “drop it” and exchange it for Love and Love’s ideas. Whether I am washing the floor or making the beds, I start from Love and Love’s ideas. The idea of caring for my family and keeping our house clean is a good idea and feels rewarding to me. Or when someone says something mean, I just drop it in thought and know that God sees only himself in them and just loves, loves, loves them. Then , How could I see or feel anything other than that? I mentally just tell myself to “drop it”!
    When, I immediately replace the wrong thought with Love, I feel a great sense of peace. I am so grateful to this church and all the members for putting together the Watches and prayers that guide us all to the straight and narrow way of Truth, Life and Love.

Linda Russell
    Participant

Thank you, Colleen, for this beautiful post. I find it SO helpful !!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.