Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Deep Cleansing Needed

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Man – September 4th, 2016 Deep Cleansing Needed

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

Great lesson teaching what a spiritual deep cleaning of our hearts/consciousness means. The reward is the purity that allows the awareness of our true selves. “The pure in heart see God.” Without that cleansing there wouldn’t be the pure foundation for a lasting spiritualization of thought otherwise there would be holiness upon un-holiness!

Gary
    Participant

Thank you.

Jesus was quick to rebuke false appearances. It is not appearances that make the man, but, rather his state of thought. He saved his sharpest rebukes for the Pharisees that paraded around in their purple robes, appearing righteous, yet harbored hateful and lusting thoughts. “Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.”

Jesus stressed over and again that it is our thought that determines whether we will be healed. It is our thought that determines our receptivity to God’s direction, and our ability to help others. Yet, how often do we concern ourselves with outward appearance? How do I look? How does my family look? Am I appearing to do the right thing? Am I hanging out with the right people? We should rebuke these thoughts when they come to us!

Jesus had no patience with this hypocrisy. Neither did Mrs. Eddy. They both taught that the Science of Life is wholly spiritual, and that material appearances are deception, not reality. That is why they implore us to trust our spiritual sense only and not be deceived by the outward appearance of things (and not deceive ourselves or try to deceive anyone else).

Do you aspire to the worldly measures of success? More money? More beauty? Fine clothes? Friends in high places? A bigger car? Does God care about any of this?
    The most important thing we can do is to guard our thought. “cleanse thou me from secret faults. Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins.” (Psalm 19). “Stand porter at the door of thought” (S&H). Everything else follows.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.