Topic: Demonstrate | Member Section

Welcome to the lesson forum page. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in. If it is your first time on the new website, please click "Lost Password" and then add the username or email you had on the former website. It will send a reset code to your email and you will be on quickly. Thank you!

Demonstrate

We gladly welcome your comments on our Forum and Bulletin Board but we do maintain the right to edit and/or take down anything we feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible; make two short postings of the long posts or send the lengthy ones for publication in our Magazine or Newsletter. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  chardelle 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Betty S
    Participant

The Golden Text this week from Ephesians5 : 9, 10 :
    ”The fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth; Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.”

When I really looked at this, it came to me that when you prove something you demonstrate it. And in fact, that is what demonstrate means : “To show or prove to be certain; to prove beyond the possibility of doubt; to prove in such a manner as to reduce the contrary position to evident absurdity.” Webster 1828. So… I need to demonstrate what is acceptable unto the Lord. How do I do that? Look at the responsive reading from Proverbs 3 : 5-10:

“Trust in the lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil. Honour the Lord with thy substance and with the firstfruits of all thine increase.” And when I do that, then “he shall direct thy (my) paths.” And “It shall be health to thy(my navel and marrow to thy(my) bones” and “shall thy (my) barns be filled with plenty, and thy (my) presses shall burst out with new wine. By the way. Mrs Eddy defines wine as : “WINE. Inspiration and understanding.” S&H

So I can demonstrate by trusting, acknowledging, and honouring God and receive direction, plenty, healthy wholeness, inspiration and understanding. So when making the effort to demonstrate seems hard and difficult, I need to remember these things and get to work, grab some resolve, stop whining and prove evil’s “evident absurdity.”

chardelle
    Participant

Wonderful, thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.