Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Denounce the claims of evil and disease in all their forms.

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Everlasting Punishment — October 31st, 2021 Denounce the claims of evil and disease in all their forms.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

“Expose and denounce the claims of evil and disease in all their forms, but realize no reality in them. A sinner is not reformed merely by assuring him that he cannot be a sinner because there is no sin. To put down the claim of sin, you must detect it, remove the mask, point out the illusion, and thus get the victory over sin and so prove its unreality.” Science and Health by Mary Baker Eddy, page 447

“Denounce: To announce or declare, as a threat. To inform against; to accuse.”

This got me thinking about the antonym of “denounce”. Here are a few – endorse, honor, commend, sanction, bless, approve, praise, tribute, credit.

I asked myself, “Do I (endorse, honor, commend, sanction, bless, approve, praise, tribute, credit) any form of evil or disease in any form?” It is certainly what the world is doing. Giving it place, person, and thing.

Rather I must, (oppose, dishonor, condemn, silence, disapprove, reproach, reproof, oppose, condemn, discredit) evil and disease in all forms, but not attach it to person, place, or thing.

What a powerful Bible Lesson addressing how to handle all that is unlike God. I am also grateful for all the weekly Watches that expose and denounce evil and disease in all forms without giving it power.

cthompson

Thank you. You sound like a “David” on his best day- A wonderful friend and a formidable foe. See Psalm 23

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.