Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Derived From God?

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Florence
    Participant

SH 538 God could never impart an element of evil, and man possesses nothing which he has not derived from God. How then has man a basis for wrong- doing?

I do not own any quality that is NOT of or FROM GOD. I should be a law unto myself as Science and Health warns; making the laws of God my governing laws. Sounds like another repetition but the question is, have I made my rule to obey God’s laws ONLY? Pain, anxiety, worry about my future, impatience, irritability, pride, jealousy, envy are NOT derived from God, thus they do NOT belong to anyone. We must WATCH and cast them out hourly, daily, as often as needed as Mrs Eddy says.

Lil
    Participant

We must be watching our thoughts every moment. One thing I have been relying on is checking my thoughts with “Is that from God?” If it’s not good, it isn’t from God and replace it with what is true about me as God’s reflection. As Mrs. Eddy says, it must be done hourly, daily, as often as needed.

Sharon
    Participant

This statement helped me in handling world events. “God could never impart an element of evil.” Did God make war, hatred, accidents etc.? Of course not! Then we can replace these pictures and annihilate the belief that they are true.

In Science and Health Mrs. Eddy states, “Which ought to be substance to us, – the erring, changing, and dying, the mutable and mortal, or the unerring, immutable, and immortal?” If God didn’t give it, (impart it) and it is changeable, (mutable) I don’t want it!

The teachings in this church show us how to destroy these false pictures. Thank God for Christian Science and Plainfield church.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.