Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Divine Rights

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Susanne
    Participant

Mrs. Eddy states: “I hope, dear reader, I am leading you into the understanding of your divine rights, your heaven-bestowed harmony…” (S&H 9. 253: 9-21)

This passage struck me this morning as I read the lesson. Every day we hear about “rights” being violated–civil rights, human rights, constitutional rights–but do we ever hear about our “divine rights”? I must say, I haven’t really thought much about them myself. And yet, as we focus on God and all that He bestows, as Mrs. Eddy has taught us in Christian Science, our “divine rights” invite all to “assert” your prerogative to overcome the belief in sin, disease, or death.” And all that asserting is within our mental realm!**

In the 1828 Webster dictionary, it states that “prerogative” is “An exclusive or peculiar privilege.” It is our privilege as a child of God “to overcome the belief in sin, disease, or death.” Isn’t that wonderful?

Divine rights. Perhaps I can do this: every time I hear or read about the endless fight for various “rights”–and noble fights these for the most part are–I can know that all of God’s children in reality have divine rights, and God gives each the ability to understand, know, and assert them, through reflection.

**assert:
    1. To affirm positively; to declare with assurance; to aver.
    2. To maintain or defend by words or measures; to vindicate a claim or title to; as, to assert our rights and liberties.

MaryBeth
    Participant

Thank you. This is so true. The Kingdom of God is within each and every one and if we would all come to understand this essential Truth – all the endless discontentment and fighting would cease. Understanding and living Christian Science in our own lives and knowing it’s Divine Principles are true for all mankind will aid in ushering in the millennium.

Florence
    Participant

How superior our Divine Rights are! They need to be taught so all can remain aware of our true birthright, our true heritage which is completely devoid of sin, sickness and death! Then no one can accept the falsity of being second class, the false sense of lack or feel so dominated by the false senses of sin, sickness and death; all errors that need challenging and destroying at all times!

I cherish Mrs. Eddy’s desire that someday this Science will have its rightful place in the schools! She writes in No and Yes p11:15-18 If the Bible and Science and Health had the place in schools of learning that physiology occupies, they would revolutionize and reform the world, through the power of Christ.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.