Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

"Do men gather grapes of thorns?"

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    spencel
    Participant

“… Jesus said: “Do men gather grapes of thorns?” Paul asked: ‘What communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial?'” Science and Health, by Mary Baker Eddy, page 539

I was very grateful for our Wednesday readings this week, The Honest Heart, and the testimony on honesty. I have been giving a lot of thought regarding honesty recently. I am grateful for all I have learned here that is helping me gain moral courage to live a honest life. As I learn more I see that there is absolutely no place for dishonesty. Error argues good can come from dishonesty. Truth allows no room for error. How can we practice an exact Science while holding in thought a wavering sense or tolerate a gray area. I am learning once you give dishonesty a toe hold you will find yourself in its stronghold. I am so grateful to be where it is taught how use Christian Science, “…into the minutiae of the life,” spoken of below.

From our Wednesday readings:
    “This spiritual idea, or Christ, entered into the minutiae of the life of the personal Jesus. It made him an honest man, a good carpenter, and a good man, before it could make him the glorified.” Miscellaneous Writings, by Mary Baker Eddy, page 166

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.