Welcome to the PlainfieldCS Bulletin Board. You will need to log in before you can post here. Click here to log in if you already have an account. If you do not have an account, please contact jeremy@plainfieldcs.com. Thank you!

Earnestly consider

The Bulletin Board is for gratitude for Christian Science and the Church, as well as timely excerpts from the Bible, the works of Mrs. Eddy, and the early workers that help and encourage. We are very grateful for all posts that conform to these guidelines, but will edit or remove anything that the Practitioners feel is not in complete accord with pure Christian Science or in any way disrespectful of it.

We also ask that you keep your postings as concise as possible. If you quote the Bible, please use The King James Version, as this is what Mrs. Eddy used. Thank you!

Announcements Forums Truth – July 28th, 2019 Earnestly consider

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Lynda Spencer

“In a world of sin and sensuality hastening to a greater development of power, it is wise earnestly to consider whether it is the human mind or the divine Mind which is influencing one.” By Mary Baker Eddy from Science and Health, page 82

During the Sunday July 21st, 2019 Roundtable discussion on the topic of Life, the importance of being aware and watching your feelings was addressed. One of the points that stayed with me was that when you are indulging in negative feelings such as jealousy, resentment, etc. you are in the “human mind” which is opposed to God. For so many years I indulged in these feelings while thinking I was practicing Christian Science. This false sense of being good and under control was self deception which led me to ignore and suppress feelings. This lack of awareness has a disastrous affect from unhealed resentment and fear to people pleasing behaviors and dishonesty. As mentioned in the class these emotions would drive my actions and at times like a galloping race horse. There was no God in any of this. I am so grateful to be learning how to face daily living and emotions head on with the correct practice of Christian Science using the practical tools give here and practitioner support.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Love is the liberator.